Monday, October 26, 2009

I Feel Like a As Seen on TV Commercial with all this Crap

So much has happened since I last had a second to write. The reason I do not have a second to write is because I go to bed at 8:30 like a complete and total loser. I am that tired. The running has definitely put a crimp in my life... David knows if he wants to "see" me he needs to schedule an appointment between 8-8:30. It works out pretty well and gets me off the hook. The ladies out there know what I mean.

Since last time, I have really upped my miles-am up to ten now. And this had come with some firsts. Since as I pointed out in previous posts, details are not my thing-I arrived at 6:15 for a 6:00 AM run leaving me running alone in the dark. The upside? I had to pee so bad and always wanted to stop along a main road at the crack of dawn and pee in a bush. Very liberating.

I was so sore from that run I could not put my feet on the floor flat for three days.

So-this is what I have discovered. There is legal crack for runners. When you are getting up there in miles they sell lots of good stuff, all under the guise of giving you more energy. Some crap about fueling your muscles, blah, blah, blah. I just want to know if it will give me wings. So, $50 later, I have a treasure trove of carb-y type things, electrolyte thingy-s, and all kinds of gummies-all telling me they will provide me with 1-2 hours of energy. Where has this shit been hiding my whole life?

I have tried the Shock blocks, the Chomps, the goos (yeah-that is a big sticky ball of something I don't want to think too much about-ladies-does the phrase "just close your eyes and swallow it" ring a bell? That is a goo.) I have also added a powdered electrolyte drink into the mix. You would think with all of this I am Michael Phelps. This is what I know though...unless you are shooting up pure rocket fuel, running for two hours straight is effing hard. Nothing is really going to help with that. Still, I am now the chick with a trench coat full of the stuff-come to me and I will give you any flavor, consistency, and false claim you can ever want.

On a positive note, I ran a really fun race-eight miles Tower of Terror in Disney. I am not afraid to pat myself on the back-I kicked ass. What I did learn was that runners are fucking pushy. Like-not a little, but a lot. They will hit you and push you down. Dude-this is not the Olympics and you are not making medal time-chill. So, I think for the marathon, I will run with my elbows out. That will show them.

It is 8:28 and I have to be up in like five minutes to run tmw.

Thanks for all your support-some of you are deadbeats but most of you rock.

Show a girl some love at:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/sfl/wdw10/ksingerxn7

We all know someone with cancer or someone who has passed...sucks but true. Do something good with your day today and give me your Starbucks money for the week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi There! You won the cookware.com giveaway and I can't find your email. Just send me a message so I can get the info for your gift certificate...YAY for you.

    ReplyDelete